<$BlogRSDURL$>

Fishing for Frod

hopefully hands can touch in the middle of vast empty space to mack slap jiggy wap.

the FlossBlog * Nonsensemen

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Although I can't say I have peddled noodles to washed up rockstars, or fornicated with unwashed muppets, I have managed to resume active life in civic organizing. I have taken up the helm of the local DFA group here in Lawrence. And very soon getting involved in the newly formed Progressive Caucus of the Kansas Democratic Party. I am throwing myself into local politics. I want to infiltrate the Kansas Democratic Party and corrupt them with my progressive schemes. I want to howl at the moon like Howrad Dean. It is some perverse resolution of mine. To get active and even RUN FOR OFFICE. Can you imagine that? I remember when in second grade my class took the much anticipated field trip to EXCHANGE CITY, where students, for a day, would live and work in Exchange City, each with their own occupation and salary. We would then wander around the building (city) and spend our money and work at our jobs. And can you guess how Chris earned his bread and butter that memorable day in 1988? Thats right. I was the mayor, bee-yatch. Of Exchange-Fuckin-City. I got to bust punk ass peers for walking on the grass (astroturf). And deliver a riveting address (which I composed from 2-2;45 pm) on the state of the city. And if I recall, my classmates voted me for that position. And, quick trivia... Who played the mayor in Craig Clinton's Production of American Notes. No, it wasn't John Q Dickface. Twas me, motherfucker. And aren't actors supposed to be good politicians?

But I digress. Today I wrote my first letter to the editor of the Lawrence Journal World. It was in response to some douche bag named Haar who spit forth the usual lame ass heritage foundation interpretation of the malicious scheming progressives. Check it out on the DFA message board (1-15) at

http://dfa.meetup.com/354/

Lawrence is a hotbed of progressivism in Kansas. Progressives just about swept the city commision elections. The mayor works at my local co-op The Merc. But the punk ass righties decided to congressionally redistrict Kansas a couple years ago so that the line runs straight through the center of Lawrence, about a block away from me. And so now I am represented by Jim Ryun, the former track star, who, as you may have guessed, is an utter cumface. But he's pretty fast I hear.

Oh, well...time for bed...by the way, I finally got my drivers license...and my favorite new song is "Excitable Boy" by Warron Zevon (RIP)....and my favortie old song is "Particle Man" by They Might Be Giants....who, I must say put on one of the finest live shows I have ever had the privilige of seeing...(among the Allman Bros, The Steve Miller Band, and my first Phish show on acid)....also, if you ever have the chance, look for a book called "Cows Are Freaky When They Look At You: An Oral History of the Kaw Valley Hemp Pickers" which is all about the crazy hippies that lived in Larwrence back in the day. With a forward by William Burroughs, who lived and died here, with his some odd 27 cats and extensive firearm collection and orgone accumulator devices...

.



posted by Chris Pryor  # 11:18 PM
Comments: Post a Comment

Archives

02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004   03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004   04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004   05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004   12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005   01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005   02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005   03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005   04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005   05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005   06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005   07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?